Project Scheduling Professional Certification (PMI-SP)
|Starts on||Frequency’s / Timing||Duration|
|Very Soon||Very Soon||40 Hours|
PMI’s Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) ® credential is a solution to project management’s increasing growth, complexity and diversity. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMI-SP® fills the need for a specialist role in project scheduling. It recognizes your unique expertise and competence to develop and maintain project schedules, while still possessing core knowledge skills in all areas of project management.
The PMI-SP® certification is an industry recognized vendor-neutral credential. The PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) ® is a credential for practitioners who want to focus on developing and maintaining project schedules. The PMI-SP Certification exam demonstrates the knowledge and expertise specialized in the area of developing and maintaining the project schedule.
- Construct project network diagrams to identify the sequence of work
- Develop schedules and compress them using a variety of methods
- Effectively assign resources to build a realistic baseline schedule
- Perform schedule analysis and recommend corrective actions to keep the project on track
- Build readable and reliable project reports to keep stakeholders informed on progress
- Satisfy the 30 hour formal project management training requirement for PMI®’s PMI-SP® professional certification.
- Be comfortable with the examination format and typical question styles
- Be confident of passing the PMI-SP® exam
- Identify successful schedule techniques
- Analyze the schedule approach
- Construct the project network diagram
- Develop a robust schedule estimate
- Establish procedures for maintain and update the project schedule
- Update and maintain the plan
- Perform schedule-based Earned Value Analysis (EVA)
- Define the frequency and detail for measure performance
- Overview & Strategy
- Schedule Development & Analysis
- Resource & Cost Loading
- Schedule Management & Reporting
- Definitions & Scheduling Software
- CIOB PTMC revision
- Scope and WBS
- Cost and Earned Value
- Communications & stakeholders
- Advanced Scheduling
- Revision and Test
The PMI-SP demonstrates skill and competence in the specialized area of project scheduling. The scheduling specialist role on your project teams is becoming more important to an organization’s success. Be an asset to your organization. Hone your basic project management skills and showcase your specialized expertise in scheduling to employers with the PMI-SP credential.
This PMI-SP training course is intended for project management professionals who want to earn the PMI-SP certification. The training is also appropriate for other project management professionals involved in project scheduling including schedule managers and analysts, team leaders, project team members, and those who would like to learn more about scheduling in a project environment.
A four-year degree (bachelor’s or the global equivalent), with at least 3,500 hours of project scheduling experience and 30 hours of project scheduling education. OR A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least 5,000 hours of project scheduling experience and 40 hours of project scheduling education. http://www.pmi.org/CareerDevelopment/Pages/AboutCredentialsPMI-SP.aspx
Download the PMI-SP Exam Handbook
1. Recognizes an individuals’ level of experience within their specialty (scheduling)
2. Validates an individual’s level of understanding and working knowledge of globally recognized best-practices within their field
3. Creates and promotes a common language within a “niche” field
4. Expands recognition of the credential’s “niche” within project management
5. Continues to expand project management as a field that contains areas of specialization
PMI-SP certification expires 3 years from the date of issue, after which the certification holder will need to renew their certification.
To earn your PMI’s Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) ® credential, you need to meet the experience and education requirements, and pass the (PMI-SP) ® examination, the exam contains 170 questions, multiple-choice test.