There are various areas, or specialties, to which LEED Green Associates can aspire after gaining relevant project experience. The most popular, LEED AP Building Design + Construction, is also the most similar to the material covered in the Green Associate course.
Students will prepare to understand more intricate details in key green building areas including Sustainable Sites, Water Efficiency, Energy & Atmosphere, Materials & Resources, Indoor Environmental Quality, and Innovation in Design. As an advanced accreditation, GBCI recommends that candidates have relevant project experience in order to prepare for the more intensive subject matter detailed in this course. Overall, LEED AP BD+C focuses on the design, rather than the performance of a building,requiring an understanding of the energy optimization opportunities present in constructing new buildings.
Demonstrate knowledge of LEED Credit intents and requirements.
- Qualify for LEED-related bids
- Learn how to bid on LEED jobs
- Recognize strategies & relevant team members for achieving credits
- Describe key LEED metrics and standards
- Understand basic LEED documentation considerations
- Explain successful LEED strategies and measurements for achieving credit goals
- Identify and explain synergies between LEED credits and strategies
- Recognize tools & resources for applying LEED to building projects
For more information about the LEED AP course please visit USGBC official website – https://new.usgbc.org/credentials#ap